Monday, March 25, 2013

Sitting man (Old German book) tag

I love doing tags so here is another one.  This is done using a book that I picked up at a flea market in Berlin.  The book is labeled as being from 1878.  The title is pretty illegible - the best I can figure is that it says "Die Gartenlaube" which means "The Garden Arbor".  It is completely falling apart, the binding is gone, the spine cover was actually placed inside the book.  It has a lot of illustrations which are all black and white (well aged yellow) and are very unique.  As you can see from the picture the writing in the book is old German.  I love the look of the script.  The background and the man are from the book and I added a little bug from a Tim Holtz die, however, I don't know which one as I got it in a bag with some other cuts.  Hanging from the top are some beads.  I also added some dots using a stamp I bought as part of a set in Neufarhn.  Again, I don't like leaving the back of the tag empty but I really wanted to showcase the beautiful pages from the book so it is just a page.  I inked all the edges using Distress Ink Black Soot to give it a darker feel and pull in the black of the bug and the beads.



No comments:

Post a Comment